The HI38000 is a chemical test kit that uses a turbidimetric method to measure sulfate. The HI38000 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 100 tests.
Pre-made reagents for ease of use
All reagents marked with expiration date and lot number for traceability
Visual indicator for simple determination
The HI38000 is a chemical test kit that determines the sulfate concentration in two ranges: 20 to 30 mg/L and 30 to 100 mg/L. The HI38000 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 100 tests.
- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass test tube. plastic pipette, spoon, and reagent bottles and packets.
- High resolution
- Readings from 20 to 30 mg/L are determined to 5 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 30 to 100 mg/L are determined to 10 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI38000-10 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
Sulfate is widely present within natural waters in different concentrations. Sulfate concentration is to be kept within a strict range for drinking water, especially since this value can be high near mine drainage points. Sulfate is also rigorously tested in the production of beverages such as beer, due to its significant effect upon odor and taste.