The HI3818 is a chemical test kit that measures carbon dioxide by titration with sodium hydroxide. The HI3818 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform approximately 110 tests.
The HI3818 is a titration-based chemical test kit that determines the carbon dioxide concentration in three ranges: 0.0 to 10.0 mg/L CO2, 0.0 to 50.0 mg/L CO2, and 0 to 100 mg/L CO2. The HI3818 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 110 tests.
- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as two sample beakers, reagent dropper bottles, and calibrated syringe.
- High resolution
- Readings from 0.0 to 10.0 mg/L CO2 are determined to 0.1 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0.0 to 50.0 mg/L CO2 are determined to 0.5 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 100 mg/L CO2 are determined to 1 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3818-100 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
Lakes and rivers naturally contain carbon dioxide concentrations less than 10 mg/L. However, stagnant or polluted water can generate large amounts of carbon dioxide due to organic or mineral decomposition. Higher amounts of carbon dioxide can make the water corrosive and toxic to aquatic organisms. Monitoring carbon dioxide levels is also critical in the manmade environment. Carbon dioxide is added to drinking water during the final stages of the purification process. In water softening systems, a delicate balance of carbon dioxide must be maintained to prevent corrosion or encrustation of pipes and storage tanks.