The HI3820 is a chemical test kit that measures acidity by titration with sodium hydroxide. The HI3820 is supplied complete with all of the reagents and equipment necessary to perform 110 tests.
The HI3820 is a titration-based chemical test kit that determines the acidity concentration in two ranges: 0 to 100 mg/L and 0 to 500 mg/L CaCO3. The HI3820 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform approximately 110 tests.
- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, indicator and reagent bottles, and calibrated syringe.
- High resolution
- Readings from 0 to 100 mg/L are determined to 1 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 500 mg/L are determined to 5 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3820-100 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
Acidity is the quantitative capacity of a water sample to neutralize a base to a predetermined pH value. Therefore, the greater acidity, the more potentially corrosive the water. Acidity can be caused by mineral acids, organic acids, and carbon dioxide in the form of carbonic acid. Today, our water supplies are becoming more contaminated with corrosive chemicals from industrial dumping and ever-growing amounts of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Acidity measurements are an essential monitoring device to define and control pollution in sewers, lakes, and rivers. Acidity of water is equally important to monitor in soils and fish farming to ensure an adequate growing environment.